A Brotherhood without Banners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are A Brotherhood without Banners, a game-based Alliance in Game of Thrones: Ascent.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are the main talents to get

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

What are the main talents to get  Empty
PostSubject: What are the main talents to get    What are the main talents to get  EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:08 am

What are the main talents to get for reincarnations? The main objectives. And in order of what to do,

So far I have
1 Stark (fealty building)
1 Baratheon (fealty building)
Current Tyrell (probably the fealty building)

NEED to do
1 Tully (fealty building)
1 Lanister (fealty building)
1 Targaryen (fealty building)
1 Greyjoy (fealty building)
1 Martell (fealty building)

Maybe one each for command point ?
Maybe 8 points for Greyjoy adventure speed
Maybe 8 points for Martell quest speed
Maybe 8 points for Aid, Barter, Spy?

Just curious what you would think is the best way to go about it, and if either the Greyjoy or Martell one is better? I do sort of want to have the bonus for some of these things, also IF i went for Reincarnations for the command points could I get a try on my dragon egg in per reincarnation? Have to go to level 90 after all.
Back to top Go down
christinaxo
Officer
Officer
christinaxo

PostSubject: Re: What are the main talents to get    What are the main talents to get  EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:13 pm

It really all depends on what you want to get out of the game? Since you're going for a dragon, you definitely want to get the Lanister, Targaryen and Greyjoy fealties, because the items they produce in their fealty buildings are less than if you use the Dragon Pit. You are already in the Tyrell fealty, which is good because when you perm that building and build it in any other life, you can produce grain without any cost (silver or resources), which allows you to produce bread in the sept at a more frequent rate.

Other than that, for the fealty buildings perm, you can do them in whatever order. Like for me, I started in Stark and then went through the other two battle (Baratheon and Greyjoy), then Targaryen and then did my least favorite, Lanister, before settling into a Martell life (for the time being). When I eventually reinc (shortened form for reincarnate) again, I'll move into Tyrell, then Tully, before probably ending in Stark or Martell (my favorite houses).

As for the other talents to perm, I would highly suggest doing Martell 8 times to get the quest speed (which will help you over all when completing quests in your other reinc lives). You have to reinc 8 times to perm all 8 points for the quest talent. Then I would do it 8 times for the Greyjoy adventure speed, especially because you want to hatch a dragon. Speeding through the 1hr+ long adventures to get dragon materials will be key to frequently attempt to get a live egg, then a baby dragon, and finally a young dragon (if that is the route you go).

And to reinc to get the extra 8 CP (command points), it would be helpful because then you would have a larger army (so to speak) to collect dragon materials in adventures and to help in AVA, if AVA is a thing you are into. Those extra 8 reincs, though, aren't 100% necessary, just helpful and you have to sit there and weigh it, if it's worth it to you to get to lvl 90 in each life to perm the extra command point in each fealty. Same with the 8 points for aid/barter/spy/etc. Those things you have to look at yourself as a player, and see where you want to be as a player, if those reincarnations would be worth it to you. Again, if you wanted to, you could probably do them in whatever order that you wanted, since they wouldn't really affect how you would reinc.

Sorry, this got very long, but it is a lot to think about. Also, this is just my personal opinion on how things should be done. I've only reinc'ed 5 times, just to get my dragon houses, so I may not be an expert on it. The biggest thing is to find a strategy that works for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: What are the main talents to get    What are the main talents to get  EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:44 am

Thats very helpful thank you. I am trying to find the balance between settling on a house that I like and the balance of reinc over and over to get certain talents. I know the Greyjoy one is really nice, and logically I should just end with them. I am thinking the extra command point would be worth it, but maybe not getting either the 8 in Martell or Greyjoy and just landing on one of them.
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: What are the main talents to get    What are the main talents to get  EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:30 pm

I think I will definitely do the command point for each house, and also do the martell/greyjoy ones. Those just seem like ones everyone suggests. The question is do we do a lot of AvA? What is really good for it? I hear swindle is really good. If it is I will do Lannister a few times to unlock those bonus attributes to it. Any suggestion on quick things to get or items to grab from the shop? I do already have a dragon egg, and am working on an Obsidian Dagger right now, figured I would go for the 90 talent on the obsidian dagger runs.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: What are the main talents to get    What are the main talents to get  EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:58 pm

We are very competitive in AvA, we've won regional awards in the past but AvA is basically an entirely separate game and you pretty much need to double your knowledge of the game to learn all of its mechanics. But we do keep our secrets, so we can't discuss anything AvA related on publicly available threads like this one. You can ask those questions in the in-game chat though, we do encourage AvA participation from our members Smile

As for items, it's a bit tricky to recommend since you haven't decided on a main stat and main action yet, but general speed items would be nice. Podrick's Axe, for instance, would speed up your attacks for everything--quests, adventures, PtP, AvA--so that would be a nice one. Direwolf Patriarch is a favourite of reincarnators because it's relatively cheap and the quest speed bonus is hard to match.

Other gear would depend on what stat and action you choose, there are supreme items for each action (like Thenn Cannibal companion and Styr's Axe for Fight), but they cost 45G each. They'll be worth it in the end since they're the most powerful ones in the game, but you can take your time exploring the fealties and stats to see which one you like the best
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: What are the main talents to get    What are the main talents to get  EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:42 am

I think I am going to go with swindle, but not end up a lannister, so have to do those as well, so adding that to the list now haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the main talents to get    What are the main talents to get  Empty

Back to top Go down

What are the main talents to get
Page 1 of 1