A Brotherhood without Banners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are A Brotherhood without Banners, a game-based Alliance in Game of Thrones: Ascent.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold

Go down 
+2
Rowena waters
Leah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Empty
PostSubject: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Daveness is the smartest man in the world. It is known. All credit for this strategy goes to him, I'm just the scribe recording his words of wisdom!

This is a guide for people who, in the future, plan to burn through a large number of reincarnations, and don't want to spend a lot of Gold.

First of all, I will preface this by saying: it is not possible to set up a solid reincarnating strategy without any Gold at all. This strategy is attainable given the least amount of Gold (the 2-5 Gold from the 7th Daily Reward), but since Gold is the only way to make items/SS permanent, you will need at least some to be able to set yourself up well. However, given that it will take you a while to set yourself up with this strategy, you'll probably have all the Gold you need by the time you're ready to start reincarnating: for this guide, you'll need ~33 Gold.

Now the good stuff starts!

Your Main Goal

The goal is to acquire 4 full sets of speed-up gear pertaining to your main stat: one set for your character, and three sets for 3 of your perm SS. This is because in V1 there are multiple questlines active at once (typically 3) and so to really speed through V1 you'll be needing 3 swift-footed SS.

And while the speed-up bonuses for an individual item aren't very high (~3-4%), each gear slot (Hand, Body, Companion) has a specialized item that adds 3-4% as well. So each individual SS can get a base 9-12% faster completion speed without seals--with some basic seals this can be a 14-17% faster completion speed per SS. When stacked with your character's speed bonuses, this will be a potential of 28-34% faster completion speed. And that's without the level 30 action speed-up talents--with that speed-up bonus, the completion speed will be 52-58%. And if you go through Martell 8 times for the Premium Gold Talent Sand Steed (10 Gold to unlock), your quest speed will be maxed (~70%). Hence Daveness being the smartest man in the world.

So overall, you want 4 Hand items with speed bonuses; 4 Body items with speed bonuses; and 4 Companions with speed bonuses. The guide below is for the basics; the details are changeable. For instance, if you have the Wild Mammoth that was free a few months ago or evolved the Braavosi Longship into a Peerless version in the Iron Bank Cycle, you'll only need 2 or 3 more Companions.

Plotting out specific Fealties is needed for this strategy (detailed below) because you will need Fealty-specific items/buildings.

For Hand items, picking up some House Banners from the V4 level 120 Fealty adventures during your reincs is the easiest option, because they each add 4% faster speed to an action (5% with a seal). Which Banners and how many you should have of each is detailed below, as it varies depending on your main stat.

This is because you want a variety of actions available, and each Banner only adds speed to a certain kind of attack (i.e. Aid, Spy, Bribe). Thus, if the quest doesn't have a Bribe action, for instance, you'll be losing out on speed if you don't have a SS for Barter/Swindle. This is also why gear that affects the main stat itself (i.e. "% faster Battle attacks" or just "% faster attacks" should go on your main character: it will apply to more than one action.

For speed Body items, most will be the peerless crafts from the Fealty buildings. As for Companions, these are peerless crafts from the regular buildings (Armory, Artisan's Quarters, Watch Tower, Tourney Arena).

Since you also want the max speed-up bonuses, you'll need to stick around in some lives long enough to pick up the seals and items you'll need, which is why this will take a while to set up. Stat-specific speed seals are detailed below, but also remember these seals in particular (both are far in VU in a questline that extends beyond the official end of VU, i.e. VU will have a check mark but these quests will still be ongoing):

SealLocationEffects
Legendary Traveler's Seal of QuestingVU C20+2 to all stats; +1% faster quest completion
Legendary Raven's Seal of QuestingVU C20+2 to all stats; +1% faster quest completion
Legendary Expert Traveler's SealVF C19+1 to all stats; +1% faster quest and adventure completion

Battle Set-up

Although Battle is the most popular stat, unfortunately it is the hardest to set up with this strategy. This is because there is currently only one kind of body armour for speeding up Battle attacks (Greyjoy's Master Crafted Cuirass), and so you'll miss out on a 8-12% speed increase if the quest doesn't have a Harass action.

Also consider purchasing the Gold building upgrade from the Blacksmith, it costs an additional 5 Gold but will get you 5% faster Battle attacks when maxed out.

For Battle, your reinc plan should look like this:
First: Stark
Second: Baratheon
Third: Greyjoy

In the Stark and Baratheon lives, you have a choice: either stick around in each of them long enough to pick up a House Banner (from the V4 level 120 Fealty adventures), or just burn through them and craft a Master Crafted Warhammer (Baratheon) and Master Crafted Longbow (Stark) in your Greyjoy life. Crafting the peerless items will take longer, but they also have an extra seal slot opened by default, so that's an extra 1% speed per item--the choice is up to you.

I say Greyjoy for the last reinc because their adventure speed-up bonus will help you farm the mats for the crafts quicker, and you'll be needing to craft a lot of their Master Crafted Cuirasses and Banners (since Harass will be your quickest attack).

Fight will be your second fallback and will be slightly slower than Harass, because there are more Fight quest speed-up seals than any other type of action. Aid is your last fallback because there is currently only one Aid speed-up seal you can earn in the game, and so when you are burning through your reincs, you should level Harass, Fight, and Aid speed-ups in that order.

So you should have:
- 2 Greyjoy Banners
- 1 x Stark Banner (or Master Crafted Longbow, from Stark Hunting Lodge)
- 1 or 2 x Baratheon Banner (or Master Crafted Warhammers from Baratheon Feast, because Fight seals are common)
- 4 x Cavalry Commander (Tourney Arena)/ Phalanx Commanders (Armory)
- 2 to 4 Master Crafted Cuirass (Greyjoy Shipyard)

In the end, your set-up (with seals) should look something like this:

HandBodyCompanionOverall
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Greyjo10
Greyjoy Insignia Banner
4% faster Harass attacks
1 open seal slot (1 x Rangers of the Watch Mark seal)
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Greyjo11
Master Crafted Cuirass
4% faster Harass attacks
2 open seal slots (2 x Rangers of the Watch Mark seal)
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Cavalr10*
Cavalry Commander
3% faster ALL attacks
2 open seal slots (2 x Rangers of the Watch Mark seal)
16% faster completion speed (5+6+5; only fully realized on Harass actions)
* the Cavalry Commander is exchangeable with a Phalanx Commander

Your 3 perm SS should mimic this layout, except 1 should have a Stark Banner/Bow and the other should have a Baratheon Banner/Hammer (because of the quests that will not have a Harass action).

Every reinc, the seals you'll want to look out for are:

SealLocationEffects
Rangers of the Watch MarkV4 C9+3 Battle; +1% faster Battle attacks
Rare Bandit's Seal of QuestingV4 C3
VU C13
VU C16
+3 Battle; +1% faster Harass actions on quests
Rare Soldier's Seal of QuestingVF C1
V4 C1
V4 C8
V4 C9
V4 C10
VU C16
+3 Battle; +1% faster Fight actions on quests
Rare Medic's Seal of QuestingVF C7+3 Battle; +1% faster Aid actions on quests

And when you reach your crafting-heavy life, you'll want to craft a lot of these items (and their components) as early as you can:
- Grand Barred Helms (Tourney Arena; for Cavalry Commanders)
- Grand Breastplates (Armory; for Phalanxes)
- Masterwork Splint Mail (Holdfast; for Mastercraft Cuirasses)

As well as:
- Taut Composite Bows (Practice Yard)
- Grand Shields (Holdfast)
if you're planning on making the Stark/Baratheon hand items instead of collecting their Banners.

Trade Set-up

Trade is one of the easier ones to set up for, because they have 2 body items for action speed-ups (Bribe and Barter). Barter will be your action of choice because of the Illustrious Mercer companion that makes Barter attacks complete 4% faster and has 2 open seal slots.

Your second action is up to you. Bribe has a speed Body item (but only 1 quest speed up seal currently in game), while Swindle has no speed Body item but more quest speed seals. They will offset each other so the difference in speed between the two won't be too great.

Your reinc plan should look like this:
First: Tully
Second: Lannister
Third: Tyrell

I say Tyrell for last, because they receive a speed bonus to Armour/Body production. This is very, very useful because it will mean you can craft the items for both the peerless necklaces and Illustrious Mercers much quicker (and even for Cavalry Commanders).

You'll want to pick up:
- 2 Tully Banners from the V4 level 120 Fealty adventure during your Tully life
- 1 Lannister Banner
- 1 or 2 Tyrell Banners

And for crafts, you'll want:
- 2 x Extravagant Torc (Lannister Mine)
- 2 x Extravagant Necklace (Tully Fishery)
- 1 x Illustrious Mercer (Artisan's Quarters)
- 3 x Cavalry Commander (Tourney Arena)

Your overall set-up should look something like this:

HandBodyCompanionOverall
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Tully_10
Tully Insignia Banner
4% faster Barter attacks
1 open seal slot (1 x Builders of the Watch Mark seal)
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Extrav10
Extravagant Torc
4% faster Barter attacks
2 open seal slots (2 x Builders of the Watch Mark seal)
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Cavalr10
Cavalry Commander
3% faster ALL attacks
2 open seal slots (2 x Builders of the Watch Mark seal)
16% faster completion speed (5+6+5; only fully realized on Barter actions)

The Mercer will go on your Barter SS. Your character and other 2 SS will get Cavalry Commanders.

Every reinc, the seals you should look out for are:

SealLocationEffects
Builders of the Watch MarkV4 C9+3 Trade; +1% faster Trade attacks (for your character's gear)
Rare Provisioner's Seal of QuestingV4 C1+3 Trade; +1% faster Barter actions on quests (for your Illustrious Mercer/Tully Banner)
Rare Impostor's Seal of QuestingV4 C8
VU C16
VU C19
+3 Trade; +1% faster Swindle actions on quests (for your Lannister Banner/Extravagant Necklaces)
Rare Grafter's Seal of QuestingVF C13+3 Trade; +1% faster Bribe actions on quests (for your Martell Banners)

In your crafting-heavy life, produce a large quantities of these items (and their components) as early as you can:
- Moonstone Necklace (Tully Fishery)
- Alloy Pendant (Warehouse)
- Grand Barred Helms (Tourney Arena)
- Dark Diamond Ring (Treasury)

Intrigue Set-up

Intrigue is the easiest to set up because your items apply to all Intrigue attacks (so they don't have to worry about specialties) and they have quest seals for all actions, whereas Battle is missing Aid seals and Trade only has 1 available Bribe seals.

Don't focus on Steal however as there is currently no Steal Fealty (yet!) meaning you can't collect Banners for 4% faster Steal attacks. Spy should be your main action of choice because it has the most amount of quest seals and the 5-Gold building upgrade at the Embassy will get you 10% faster Spy attacks at max rank, meaning your Spy quest speed will be through the roof.

Your reinc strategy should be:
First: Targaryen
Second: Martell

Martell should be second because they have a talent to speed up weapon production, meaning you'll be able to craft Master Assassins somewhat faster.

Pick up 2 House Banners in each life from the V4 level 120 Fealty Adventures, 2 for faster Spy attacks and 2 for faster Sabotage attacks (because not all quests in V1 will have a Spy action available so you'll need Sabotage as a fallback).

In addition, also craft:
- 4 x Master Assassins (Watchtower)/Cavalry Commanders (Tourney Arena)
- 4 x Nobleman's Coat (Martell Glasshouse)

Your overall set-up should look something like this:

HandBodyCompanionOverall
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Targar10
Targaryen Insignia Banner
4% faster Spy attacks
1 open seal slot (1 x Stewards of the Watch Mark seal)
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Noblem10
Nobleman's Coat
3% faster Intrigue attacks
2 open seal slots (2 x Stewards of the Watch Mark seal)
Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Master10
Master Assassin *
3% faster Intrigue attacks
2 open seal slots (2 x Stewards of the Watch Mark seal)
15% faster completion speed (5+5+5; only fully realized on Spy actions)
* exchangeable with a Cavalry Commander, both have 3% attack speed bonus

Every reinc, the seals you'll want to look out for are:

SealLocationEffects
Stewards of the Watch MarkV4 C9+3 Battle; +1% faster Intrigue attacks (for your character's gear)
Rare Schemer's Seal of QuestingVF C1
VF C7
V4 C1
V4 C6
V4 C9
V4 C10
+3 Intrigue; +1% faster Spy actions on quests
Rare Seal of Subversive QuestingVU C15+3 Intrigue; +1% faster Sabotage actions on quests (for your Martell Banners)
Rare Looter's Seal of QuestingV4 C1+3 Intrigue; +1% faster Steal actions on quests (for your Martell Banners)
Legendary Schemer's Seal of QuestingVF C16+3 Intrigue; +1% faster Spy actions on quests; +1% to Spy atk/def

The only downside to the Intrigue tree is that most of the items come from the same buildings, meaning crafting will take longer.

You'll want to start crafting these items (and their requirements) as early as you can:
- Delicate Silk Garment (Embassy)
- Expert Crossbowman (Watchtower)

Happy crafting!

Last edited by Leah on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rowena waters
Brotherhood Emissary
Brotherhood Emissary
Rowena waters

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:05 pm

great plan, thanks Dave and Leah Cool
Back to top Go down
LadyWiki
Co-leader
Co-leader
LadyWiki

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 11:35 pm

i am drooling
Back to top Go down
HBlackfyre
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 pm

Just noticed that the Headstrong girl quest (Forging bonds, Part 17) gives a 'Rare Medic's Seal of Questing' which gives 4 to battle and 1% faster Aid attacks on Quests, for those of you that are gearing up for battle speed. Must be a new addition!
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks for pointing it out, they've been slowly adding Forging Bonds parts to the game, I must've missed that addition! I'll add it to the guide
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyFri May 29, 2015 5:51 pm

These all sound really nice, but I just do not see how crafting any of these things is really doable at all during a reincarnation lifecycle. I can see the 120 level banners, but even that seems like a bit of a stretch to me as I am capable of being done around the 70-80 level mark, which means needing at a minimum of 40 more levels to even go after those. Am I doing something wrong? I did find out that you can do multiple volumes at the same time, and this is the first time i have ever done that, so I will see where I am at level wise doing all 5 volumes at once, but right now I do not think I will be hitting that 120 level mark to get those banners on a routine basis.

the craftable calvary commander seems like it would take an exorbitant amount time to get, and you have to get lucky as well so could take even longer than just what the time says. Any advice on this would greatly be appreciated.

I did get a wolf, maybe this weekend I will post all of my perm items and if or what I should buy, I just have a real hard time spending 50 gold on a single piece of gear from the shop.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Yeah, this strategy does take a long time to set up for and you'll probably have to stay in a life for about a month or so to get all the items for it. It wasn't so much of an issue for me because I usually stay in some lives for a long time for AvA purposes, but it really depends on what you want out of the game.

I have tested this strategy and I can say it works like a charm, with my 4 sets of gear I can get through a reinc in 1 1/2 days (and 60-70 Bread) or ~3 days without Bread. I already did 13 or so reincs using this strategy so the time it took me to gather all the items probably saved me about a month of time anyway. I have at least 16 reincs planned for my future, I'd much prefer to be able to get through all 16 in about a month rather than have them take 16 weeks (since reincs without speed ups take about a week.) Even if collecting and crafting all of these items did take a while, I get impatient being little and want to get big as possible as quick as possible so I likehaving the option for speed. Also, the speed sets can also be for AvA, as a side bonus, so I can complete all my AvA Trade actions in ~35 minutes. All around it's pretty nice to have, if you don't mind staying in a life for a month or so.
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:53 am

Well, the thing is that I already have a Direwolf, and a few other random items that give speed ups. Was thinking about grabbing a Burning Sword, I hear thats the best weapon for this. Once I hit level 30 I on my fealty spec I am already at about 45% -50% speed up, and with the sand steed talent, which I am going for next, that should be pretty close to max. I would assume, that and I plan to do a lot of reincarnations at this moment,

As of right now I have done, 1 Stark, 1 Baratheon, and 2 Tyrell

I will not do Tyrell again, and probably only do Tully twice as well,

Martell looks to be getting at minimum 1 for Fealty Building, 1 for CP, and 8 for Sand Steed
also MIGHT do 8 for Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Lannister will get 1 for Fealty Building, 1 for CP, and 8 for Swindle

Stark and Baratheon need the CP but they each have a few talents that I 'might' want

Targaryen the building and the CP, they have 2 that are not too bad to see either.

Also need to decide on at least 1 Battle and 1 Intrigue to get the 8 points in as well.

Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Sounds like you're on the right track then if you can already get your speed up to 45-50% Smile

The final step to really speed up your reincs is to know which quests to prioritize. If you have any spare speed items that your character isn't using, even just putting it on one SS and tasking him to the longest V1 questline will help (illustrated here, the leftmost string of quests) because that questline is the one that makes reincs take so long. Sounds like you'll be doing enough reincs that the quest names will start sounding familiar so you'll probably be able recognize the lengthy ones before long and won't need to reference the scary-big mindmap so much haha
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 am

Yea I do plan on doing quite a few, I am sticking in this Tyrell one until I hit 120 though, I do want to get a banner, and in doing so I have gotten another Obsidian dagger, and am crafting a warhammer from the Baratheon building as we speak. I am trying to see if I will have enough time to do a Blazing Archer or upgrade that warhammer to the luck recipe or at least try once....
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 am

Really gotten into the adventure party thing, that helps me get the uncommon materials at a decent rate.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Sounds like you're being quite industrious Smile And if you do manage to get in an attempt at the luck-based Warhammer, your luck bonus will stick with you in your next life, but you'll need to build up the purple warhammer again, the game doesn't let you try and evolve items you make permanent

And yes, the Adventure Party is one of the most useful things in the game, apparently there used to be a time when the Adventure Party didn't exist and you had to send out your SS on adventures one by one... can't imagine the horror
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 3:09 pm

ohh, wish i knew that before i made that warhammer perm, ouch. Ohh well then guess I will be reincarnating as soon as i hit 120 for that stupid banner
Back to top Go down
KevinF
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 5:43 pm

This is an excellent post, and I have read it very closely. There is one sentence I don't understand, and I became a member of this forum to ask what this means:

"This is also why gear for the main stat itself should go on your main character: it will apply to all 3 actions, instead of just the one."

The "main stat" means the principle attack of the House, so for Baratheon, it would be Fight, correct?

However "it will apply to all 3 actions". Which actions? Do you mean Fight/Skirmish/Aid,
or Battle/Trade/Intrigue?

Appreciate your help,
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi Kevin,

I can see how that can be confusing, I'll go back and re-word it. Basically I mean the speed bonuses that say things like "% faster Battle attacks" (which would apply to all Battle actions) or "% faster attacks" (which would apply to all attacks) since they'll cover all actions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold   Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold Empty

Back to top Go down

Daveness' strategy for reincarnating quickly without lots of Gold
Page 1 of 1