A Brotherhood without Banners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are A Brotherhood without Banners, a game-based Alliance in Game of Thrones: Ascent.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Player

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: New Player   New Player EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:46 am

Hello, been looking for a place to ask some questions and get to know some people that play this game, I find that if I join an alliance they dont really talk or help much with what I should do, so I am on my second Reincarnation and about to start over again I believe. Hoping this is the place to ask things and get some help. I play on Kongregate if that is alright.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi Trevorious!

It is a bit tricky to find Alliances who will be helpful to new members, since most of the good Alliances  set their alliance to Invite Only and so the ones you can join without an invite are generally pretty quiet. Personally, we try and help out new players as much as we can, so yes, feel free to ask away! We have some basic guides under the Gameplay section so depending on your level of experience you might find some of them useful.

And Kongregate's the best platform out there in my opinion so no problems there!
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Awesome sounds great should i just add you as a friend or what not, and am I allowed to join your alliance?

If not that is fine, I have just been looking for a place to discuss the game as the in game chat is rarely used, and I wouldnt get any sort of reply faster than I would on a message board anyway. Lots of thoughts run through my head about the need to reincarnate, how many times, what talents to get, all those sorts of things, plus I already have a dragon egg, and honestly do not even remember where I got it, think it was in a deal for next to nothing haha. So definitely wanna get a dragon sometime as well.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:17 pm

For reincarnating it mostly depends on what you want out of the game, for dragon hunting you don't need too many anymore (with the new Dragon Pit buildling), I'd just recommend getting at least the Targaryen, Tyrell, (and maybe Lannister) buildings before settling into a Greyjoy life.

And yes, if you give me your ID I'll send you a friend request, I'm not acting leader at the moment so I won't be able to send you an invite but I'll pass your ID # to her so she can add you as well when she's around.
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:19 pm

I did friend request you and someone named Lady Stoneheart, also, why Greyjoy, I sort of dont like them Razz. Their talents just that much better?
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Ok, that's her then Smile And just because Greyjoys have a very useful talent that makes adventures complete 24% faster, it's the most useful talent for dragon-hunting because you have to complete thousands of adventures to get all the items to make hatching attempts. Also nice because quicker adventures mean you get silver faster Smile
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:29 pm

And what's your in-game name by the way?
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:31 pm

This iteration is Ryman Allyrion, it changes every week or so, however long it takes me to reincarnate. Adventures, are those the quest things you do all the time? I thought Sand steeds from Martell did that....
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Adventures are the ones you use the party for, the Martell Sand Steed affects the quests only. And you don't have to pay 10 Gold for the Greyjoy one haha
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:25 pm

I have no idea what that is, never gotten to it I guess, always just reincarnate after chapter 1 almost immediately. I am up to 5 gold SS though. Trying to get one of each type, 3 battle, 3 trade, 3 intrigue. You say that adventures give you money? What level do you need to get to for those, 100? Also that is just 8 quick reincarnations for those greyjoy talents so I would not have to be a greyjoy. Are there other talents that are really nice to have? Or is it not really that big of a deal and that is why people just go Greyjoy. Sort of wanted to end up as Targaryen, Stark or Martell. Those are the ones I liked the most from the books and Martell is a distant third really. But I guess it probably doesnt really matter. I do know I want to get all the buildings.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Adventures are just a nice way to get extra resources and some silver, you can start them at level 5 or 10 (I think). If you're reincarnating quickly they're not super important yet, but you'll need them to get dragon items later.
If you click an individual SS in your Keep they'll have an Adventure button beside them, and at level 20 you can invest in the Novice Adventurers talent that'll let you send SS out en masse, that's in the first tab of the skill book under "Party." After you get that talent you can go to the Adventure Party tab in your Keep to assign SS and send them out all at once, it's a very easy way to generate XP to level up your SS and solve resource shortages (like Grain and Wood... I always run out of those early in a reinc)
And yes, if you don't mind doing the reincs through Greyjoy just to pick up their Adventure speed talent, that would be one good talent to perm, it's one of the most useful ones in the game for any fealty. You don't need all 8 ranks of it unless you check the game really often though, 5 or 6 would be fine for most people. And 3 SS for each stat is good as well, they'll be super useful in the Tales so good job there Smile
The easy Command Point talents that just need 1 point are nice to have so you can use more SS, but you have to stay in a life long enough to get to level 90 before you can perm them. Other than that, 'good' talents depend on what stat you want to focus on when you're done reinc'ing, like Int or Trade. My main's Trade so I'll be reinc'ing to Lannister to pick up their Swindle talent, for example, after I hatch my own egg.
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:30 am

do people hatch eggs during a reincarnation? seems like a long go on that, also, i did friend Stoneheart, how do I go about asking for an invite? Hehe sorry but I am jonesing for some keys to open up quartermaster boxes for peerless items and seals haha.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Not during usually, it takes a long while to get the resources to hatch and they disappear if you reinc. And you can try sending her a raven, I've mentioned you to her as well but she's a bit sick at the moment so she hasn't been checking GoTA as much for the past few days
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:40 pm

Ohhh no worries, I did friend so thats good, just did not know how the invite process went as I have only just joined one with the join button.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Yes, you do need an invite from the acting leader in closed alliances. I got hold of the leader tag and just sent you one, it'll be in your Diplomacy tab of your Ravens. Welcome aboard Smile
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:45 am

Awesome thanks, I did get it and took part a bit this weekend. I tend to play more during the week than at home, and use the forums more during the week as well.
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:10 pm

So you can do more than one volume at a time? I did not know that. Is this true?
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Yes, that is true, and it is an excellent way to get extra silver and resources. You do need a lot of spare SS to handle all the quests, but if you stick to buying the cheap greens and greys you can get enough within a few days easily. Then you can just click the roman numeral on your quest log and switch between any of the volumes you like Smile
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:44 am

OK well for this go around I have decided to try for the obsidian dagger, already at 375 wins so that shouldnt be much longer. Also going for level 90 and the command point this go around since I went for the dagger, figured I might as well get that out of the way for tyrell since I have no real desire to play tyrell. The nice thing is that while I do log in quite a bit, while I am at work I will not use bread so already up to 100 bread right now. Maybe get an entire speed run this weekend in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player   New Player Empty

Back to top Go down

New Player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Brotherhood without Banners :: Chat Rooms :: The Tavern-
Jump to: