A Brotherhood without Banners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are A Brotherhood without Banners, a game-based Alliance in Game of Thrones: Ascent.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leah's Guide to Reincarnation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

Leah's Guide to Reincarnation Empty
PostSubject: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:39 am

I reincarnate out of boredom (mostly), so I won't go into lots of detail on how to burn quickly through reincarnations. We'll write a separate guide for that! This guide is just my personal take on reincarnation, and how I like to reincarnate.

Pre-reincarnation Prep

For me, the biggest perk for reincarnation is the extra buildings. Since building strength adds to the strength of your character, having multiple Fealty buildings makes your character and your SS much stronger in the end-game portion (which is where I spend most of my time so I can contribute to our camps).

My second biggest reason for reincarnating is to collect multiple copies of valuable items. I like to stick around in reincarnations long enough to pick up:

ItemLocationEffectsComments
Obsidian DaggerV1 Epilogue (chapter bonus reward)+20 to all stats, +5% to all attacksCan earn within a few days of diligent PtP'ing; will earn PtP seals on the side that you can craft into better ones at your Fealty building
XXX of the Watch of the Mark sealV4 C9 (chapter reward)+3 to stat of choice; +1% atk/def to stat of choice; +1% faster attacks for stat of choiceGood seal although it can take a bit of time to earn, you will probably complete V1 before V4 (but it's quicker than most of the VU seals!)
Seal of the Hand of the KingVU C20 (chapter reward)+2 to all stats; +2% to all attacksThis is the best seal you can earn in the game; however, VU is the longest volume in the game (20 parts!) so some may not consider it worth the time.
VF C18 (chapter reward)You can now earn 2 of these seals every life! Getting to VFC18 won't take as long as VU20 either.
Legendary Traveler's Seal of QuestingVU C20 (Boss Challenge reward)+2 to all stats; 1% faster quest completion; 2% chance to prevent a wound on a SS failing a questAgain, VU is 20 parts long, so this will take a long time to earn
Legendary Raven's Seal of QuestingVU C20 (Boss Challenge reward)+2 to all stats; +1% faster quest completionIt's in a questline that extends even beyond the end of VU so this one takes ages to get
Legendary Expert Traveler's SealVF C12 (Boss Challenge reward)+1 to all stats; 1% faster quest and adventure completionGetting to this point in VF may take a while, and there are difficult quests along the way
Hunter's SignV4 C2 (Boss Challenge reward)+1 Battle and Intrigue; +2% to Battle attacks; +1% to Intrigue attacksVery quick and easy to get, as V4 BCs aren't that difficult and it's only in chapter 2
VU C12 (Boss Challenge reward)Another Hunter's Sign is available in C12 of VU, so you can get 2 per reinc! Getting to C12 of VU can take a while however
Seal of SuccessionVF C2 (Boss Challenge reward)+1 Trade and Battle; +2% to Trade attacks; +1% to Battle attacksVF is very easy so this is another good, quick seal to pick up before you reinc
VF C25 (Boss Challenge reward)+1 Trade and Battle; +2% to Trade attacks; +1% to Battle attacksAnother awaits at the end of VF, if you stay in the life long enough to get to C25
Assassin's Guild MarkV4 C2 (Boss Challenge reward)+1 Trade and Intrigue; +2% to Intrigue attacks; +1% to Trade attacks)Again, it's only in C2 of V4 so it's a quick one you can earn easily every reinc
VU C7 (Boss Challenge reward)VU is long and difficult, but you might get to C7 by the time you finish V1 and thus you can get two of these seals every reinc!
Seal of the Master of CoinVF C8 (Boss Challenge reward)+4 to Trade stat; +2% to Trade atk/defThis seal is legendary and since Forging Bonds is a relatively easy volume, this should be an easy one to get. Part 8 of VF was only added on Sept 8, 2014
House Stark InsigniaVF C18 (Boss Challenge reward)+5 to Battle stat; +2% to Aid atk/def; +2% to Harass atk/defThis seal is legendary and since Forging Bonds is a relatively easy volume, this should be an easy one to get. Part 18 of VF was only added on Jan 12, 2015
There are also some other seals of Questing lying around in other volumes that give +1% quest completion speed to an action of choice, so for future reincarnations it can be a good idea to pick up some of these to help speed things up. I won't list them all (just to save space), but you can search for "Seals of Questing" in the Seals guidebook here to locate them: http://gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Seals And thanks to Zachary Krowe for pointing these out for me to add! Smile

Of course, since I plan to reincarnate more in the future, I always have my Sept producing Bread. Stockpiling some Mead from the Godswood is also a good idea to finish off building upgrades after you reincarnate.

I also have a handful of perm items and SS to make my future reincarnations easier, but people without these may have a more difficult time with reincarnations. I'd recommend having at least 3 good items (one for each of your character's slots) and 3 peerless SS permed before reincarnating (15 Gold total; if you need the silver for peerless SS ask for Barters, they make rebirth much easier for you!) But I wouldn't advise anyone to perm items with less than 20-25 in a stat, unless they have decent specialty bonus (i.e. at least +7% to a stat) OR unless you have the gold to spare.

Post-reincarnation

After a reincarnation, my first goal is to acquire as many spare SS as I have the Command Points for. This is because you can run out of common resources easily early in a reincarnation, but sending as many SS as you can out to the quick and easy V1 adventures will earn you common resources very quickly. Check our post here to see the common resources for V1 adventures, and pick an adventure that gives you at least 2 resources you need!

Early in a reinc I sell all gear that isn't for my main stat, because the silver will be more useful to me than the item. Trade is my stat of choice, so I put all my silver towards upgrading my Trade buildings (after the Counting House and Village Centre of course).

My next goal is to get enough SS to complete quests in all volumes simultaneously. This will earn you extra silver, rewards, and alignment choices you need to get the Valyrian Steel Dagger. Best of all, quests don't use up Command Points so you can still complete other actions at the same time!

Finally, I save all of my speed-ups like Bread for V1 quests since V1 you need to complete V1 to get the Cycle of Rebirth quest again, and because the Obsidian Dagger and Valyrian Steel Dagger await you at the end of V1.

That's all I can think of for now, thanks for reading!  Very Happy

Last edited by Leah on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LyannaSwyft
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 8:09 pm

I created this account just to say that this is a really handy guide.  The first time through, I did every quest in every chapter so I picked up one of each of the seals you list, but on subsequent reincarnation runs I generally started to think about reincarnating after I finished Volume 1 and had done enough PtP to get the Obsidian Dagger.  Now though with the World Events I find myself putting off reincarnation sometimes so I can make sure I am able to upgrade whatever reward I end up with to the peerless version.  That means I find myself with a bit more time to work through the other Volumes and I was trying to figure out which quest gave which reward.  This list covers all the ones that I was after, so thanks for saving me having to track down everything.

In addition, there is a new chapter in the Forging Bonds Volume that might be worth adding to your list:

Legendary Traveler's Seal of Adventuring
VF C14 (Boss Challenge Reward)
+2 to all stats; +1% faster adventure completion

The challenge in particular is here:
Forging Bonds Part 14: Shifting Alliances, Far To Go III, Eastern Bound

Again, thanks for the guide.  I'm finishing up the last of the secondary quest line in VU for the Boss Challenge rewards at the end.

Lyanna
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 6:48 pm

I was going to start a thread but I cant so I figured here would be as good as any, but I was going through my Reincarnation guide, the one I made to decide what I am going to perm for talents and all. I was talking with someone and they said getting the % chance talents like Unbowed Unbent and Unbroken, or Ours is the Fury is not necessarily good as it hurts dragon hunting. Is this true? I sort of hope so cuz if it is this knocks off 24 reincarnations from Martell, Targaryen and Baratheon in total.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 11:34 pm

I planned on picking up those talents as well when I first started playing, but I've since found out that they're not very useful. "Chance at a superior result" is pretty broad, a superior result only means you get one prefix and/or suffix from this list and the better ones of course have a lower chance to affix. This generally means a 'superior result' only gets you +1-3 on a random stat, even the 'good' rolls usually end up getting you a Militia with 20 Trade or something like that, so yeah, I wouldn't say they're worth going through 24 reincs for, you can find better items for silver in the shop without all the effort.

As for hurting dragon hunting, besides slowing you down a lot and making you take longer before you can settle in a life to start hatching, if you do get a peerless craft on one of the hatching items (like Forest/Jeweled Armour or a Pyre) the game won't let you use the item in a hatching attempt (as a failsafe against accidentally consuming peerless items in a recipe) so you'll have to make those items again. So in that way, lower superior chance is actually better. Generally not a lot of good things to say about those talents, you'll have to craft an item dozens of times before you get a decent roll for it.
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:07 am

Well that is good news then, it really sounds like there really arent a ton of talents that are super awesome for some of those, I would like to eventually go to 200 or 500 and get the darn adventure talent. But I think I am going to look into getting some of the stat talents but overall a lot of reincs just went away, I was also thinking, earlier, about getting some of the cost decrease ones, but those I already nixed because they outlive usefulness fairly quickly. There are some nice ones in Greyjoy but I just still do not know if I really plan on ending up Greyjoy, ugh just so bad lol. Maybe do an egg then reinc, then do an egg then reinc with them?
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 1:58 am

The level 200 and 500 adventure party talents don't function any differently than the level 20 one, they just plotted them out for people who need more CP at those high levels (personally I've never even gotten to level 500). And yes, time is definitely more valuable than silver, silver comes in heaps later on in the game. I am very fond of the Greyjoy's Arms of the Kraken talent however, I love being able to complete level 100 adventures in only 45ish minutes, and faster adventures also means more silver and resources, if I decide to leave Greyjoy behind I will definitely perm that talent first. Reinc plans are hard though haha I don't even know what fealty I want my last life to be in
Back to top Go down
Trevoriousmaximus
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 10:58 am

Yea I think that is what I will be doing, is going straight for the CP this run, maybe get the banner for Martell now and be done with that, always takes a while in a life for that, Also people always say you get lots of silver from adventures, but I think I might get more out of swindling people with a ? for a banner. It takes longer so maybe the windfall is just bigger at the time.

My plan for reincarnation right now is to go ahead and do the next 10 in martell get sand steed, the cp and the glasshouse, then move on and either go get buildings and cp's or go get arms of the kraken.
Back to top Go down
Leah
Co-leader
Co-leader
Leah

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 2:56 am

Adventures are the most hassle-free way to get silver, especially if you get one of the Gold talents to boost silver for an action. Each stat has one (Fight for Battle, Steal for Intrigue, and Barter/Swindle for Trade), and Barter gets the biggest boost (40% more silver on Barter actions) but they do each cost gold to unlock. If you don't want to spend the gold on that then just send PtP Barters to someone with a very strong Merchant defending (like me or our other alliance member Andrew Duckling) because the silver you get for PtP actions depends on the skill level of the two players, so the stronger they are the more silver you'll get. It's for that reason I don't think PtP Swindling an inactive person would return much silver, their stats are set to 1, and you can only send 3 harmful PtP actions to the same person every 24H so you'd only be able to Swindle them 3 times a day whereas with Barters you can send as many as you want because they're considered helpful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leah's Guide to Reincarnation   Leah's Guide to Reincarnation Empty

Back to top Go down

Leah's Guide to Reincarnation
Page 1 of 1